“One of the biggest names in pop music today.” -Billboard
EMI Music Australia released “Chained to the Rhythm,” the first single from Katy Perry’s forthcoming album. She will perform the song live for the very first time at the 59th Annual GRAMMY Awards, which will air this Sunday, February 12, in the US / from midday on Monday, February 13 in Australia, on FOX8. Katy co-wrote “Chained to the Rhythm” with Max Martin, Sia Furler, Ali Payami and Skip Marley. The song is available everywhere for streaming and download. Visit http://Katy.to/CTTR.
The lyric video can be viewed HERE.
Katy Perry fans have been whipped into a frenzy by the superstar’s teasers this week, including news of her live performance at the GRAMMYs®, and the prospect of a brand new single.
They were given the opportunity to hear a portion of “Chained to the Rhythm” via 25 large disco balls chained in strategic locations across the globe, including Sydney’s Circular Quay, with #CHAINEDTOTHERHYTHM trending at #1 on Twitter yesterday.
ABOUT KATY PERRY
- Katy Perry’s cumulative streams now exceed 18 billion worldwide
- She is the most-followed person globally on Twitter with over 95 million followers
- She made her Capitol Records debut with 2008’s One of the Boys and cemented her status as a global superstar with the follow-up album, Teenage Dream (2010)
- PRISM, her 2013 album, debuted at No. 1 on iTunes in 100 countries and has sold more than 12.5 million adjusted albums worldwide.
- With the singles Firework and Dark Horse each surpassing the 10 million threshold including song sales and streams, Katy is the first female artist to earn two RIAA Digital Single Diamond Awards
- Cumulatively, she has sold more than 40 million adjusted albums and over 125 million tracks worldwide
- Katy played to a total of two million people on the sold-out, 151-date Prismatic World Tour
- She headlined the Super Bowl XLIX halftime show, which set a record as the most-watched Super Bowl halftime show ever
- Her most recent single Rise reached No. 1 in Australia in 2016
- Album PRISM is 5 x platinum and reached No. 1 in Australia
- Album Teenage Dream is 4 x platinum and reached No. 1 in Australia
- Katy has enjoyed 4 x No. 1 singles in Australia and 11 x top 5 singles
- Her singles have achieved 59 x Platinum status in Australia, with an additional 2 x Gold singles
- Roar is her most successful single in Australia, a massive 10 x Platinum