New album: ‘Are You Satisfied’ out in Australia May 29th.
Slaves are back with a brand new album, ‘Take Control’ scheduled for release September 30th.
Produced by Mike D, and off the back of a top 10 album in the UK, selling 70,000 copies so far, there is no doubt that the band and Virgin/EMI are looking to push the band up to the next level with this release.
2015 saw Slaves appear in many ones to watch lists including BBC’s Sound Of poll in January and went on to win the hearts of fans, press & radio alike with magazine covers including Guardian Guide, DIY and NME and 4* album reviews in The Observer, Financial Times, NME, Kerrang!, The Sun, Mojo, Total Guitar & Rock Sound and with some blistering Radio sessions including acclaimed BBC Radio 1 live lounge cover of Skepta’s “Shut Down” which lead to Skepta joining them on stage at BBC Radio 1 Big Weekend.
SLAVES – Facts & Info
- Top 10 album, 70,000 sales in the UK, SILVER status
- Nominated for the Mercury Music Prize & Q Best New Act last year, won Kerrang! Spirit of Punk award and NME Award for Cheer Up London video
- Part of BBC’s Sound of 2015 list
- Sold out EVERY show in their UK campaign, including Brixton Academy, supported The Libertines in Ibiza and toured America with Wolf Alice this year
- Playing MAIN STAGE at T in the Park & Reading & Leeds this year
- Signed to Republic in the US
- Over 25million total streams worldwide
- New album produced by the Beastie Boys’ Mike D
- Laurie held his first London exhibition for his artwork which he has now sold to Katy B, Annie Mac & others. He has a second show in Edinburgh this year.
- Young Lovers Club, created and owned by the band, clothing line is now being sold in Selfridges in the UK